I am a very proud teacher this week, actually I am every week but I'm extra proud this week. We started our Ready2Read program and the kids love it. We started with 5 sight words and then reviewed the -at family. Next week we will be learning the -an word family and continuing our 5 sight words: the, and, see, I, a. Almost all of the students can read the 5 sight words with no hesitation. This is wonderful! I am so proud of them. We started building our sight word caterpillar and did our color by sight word activity. I did not need to help them at all! We reviewed the color words as a class and then I let them go to finish the worksheet on their own. They were so excited to show everyone that visited our classroom that they could read. We created our -at word family book that they got to take home and share with their families. I hope you enjoy reading the stories with them. They will get one of these every week to go along with the word family they are learning. The great thing about the books is that it also corresponds with the sight words we are covering. I will move students up when they have no hesitation in reading the sight words. My suggestion would be to keep them in an area so that your child can start to build a library of books that they know how to read. Practicing daily helps them gain a love for reading and also helps them review the words that we've already learned. Enjoy the pictures of our activities this week.
Here is some of the graphing we've been doing in Math.
Here is our Sight Word Caterpillar
We will keeping building him every time we get new sight words!
Working on our Color by Sight Words
![]() |
Here is some of the graphing we've been doing in Math.
We got new centers for March and the kiddos love them!
We've been reading to our "Reading Buddies" (stuffed animals)
![]() |






I enjoyed reading this post! nice work.
ReplyDeleteYour caterpillar is so, so cute!
ReplyDeleteI am your first follower...wahoo!
Come visit me if you get the chance. I have tons of *freebies* that would be great for beginning readers! =)
Heather
Heather's Heart
Hi there Krystina! Cute blog -- I love the caterpillar and graphs. I am your newest follower. I teach first in CA.
ReplyDeleteVicky
Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After