Thank you so much to the parents and students that came out yesterday! I was so proud of the students. They have been working hard all week to prepare for it.
This week we had a visit from Kenzie's mom who is a dentist. The children loved listening to her teach us about how to take care of our teeth. We have been talking about our teeth and how to keep them healthy so I was very proud to see them raising their hand and answering all the questions she had for them.
Also this week we finished learning the letters in the alphabet. Because of early dismissal on Friday we did not get to take our assessment so we will be doing that this coming week.
Next week we will be starting sight words! The students are so excited and so am I! I have such an advanced group of kids and they make my job lots of fun. We have a new program called Ready2Read that we will be starting. I will be typing up information about that and sending it home very soon.
I hope everyone was able to stay safe on Friday. I am from Indiana and a town only 5 minutes away from where my entire family lives was completely devastated. Many families were effected by this tragedy. Thankfully my family got to a safe location and none were hurt. Please try to keep those who were effected in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this hard time. There are many places taking donations if you would like to help out to whas11.com and fox41.com have lists of drop off locations.
Again I want to thank all the families who came on Saturday and also the kind words from the families. It is very rewarding to a teacher to hear the kind words that I have received. Thank you so much and I will see everyone tomorrow =)

No comments:
Post a Comment