We are having lots of fun learning our routines and rules of our classroom. This is a year of many firsts for many of the students this year. First time in school, first time coloring, first time using scissors, the list goes on and on. It is such an exciting time for them and you as a parent. We are taking the first month learning the basics before diving fully into curriculum. Each week we focus on a letter. We work on the sound, ability to identify it, and work on writing it. To begin with we focus on identifying and as they learn to improve their fine motor skills we will put more focus on writing the letter. With our 4s we focus on writing from day 1 because they're getting ready for Kindergarten. We will be doing a lot of activities to gain fine motor skills and our gross motor skills as well.
One thing I love doing is learning while moving. At this age they have so much energy! Which helps keep me busy, but have fun. One of my favorite parts of the day is in the morning when we exercise and work on "heads, shoulders, knees and toes". Play it with your child at home and see how excited they get. Laughter is the best and happens throughout the day in my classroom. And the best part is they're learning while having fun! We will be working on spatial awareness and how we need to stay in our area, at this age it's a hard concept for them, but with practice it's quickly mastered.
I have a few parents left to turn in blog permission slips and then I can post our pictures. I have them ready to go, so as soon as they are turned in the pictures will go up.
Many of you probably ask your child what they did at school or what did they learn. At this age they will probably reply with "I like it" "I had fun" "I played" or something of the like. I found this poem and thought it really suited our Lower K classroom. Ill put it at the bottom of the post. Play is such an important part of learning for children this age and sometimes we forget how much they can learn through play. I'm excited for a new week. As always if you need anything or have any questions feel free to email me. Also please make sure your child eats breakfast before they come to school. We have snack at 10:00 and lunch at 12:25. I hope you had a great weekend. See you tomorrow!
Krystina
One thing I love doing is learning while moving. At this age they have so much energy! Which helps keep me busy, but have fun. One of my favorite parts of the day is in the morning when we exercise and work on "heads, shoulders, knees and toes". Play it with your child at home and see how excited they get. Laughter is the best and happens throughout the day in my classroom. And the best part is they're learning while having fun! We will be working on spatial awareness and how we need to stay in our area, at this age it's a hard concept for them, but with practice it's quickly mastered.
I have a few parents left to turn in blog permission slips and then I can post our pictures. I have them ready to go, so as soon as they are turned in the pictures will go up.
Many of you probably ask your child what they did at school or what did they learn. At this age they will probably reply with "I like it" "I had fun" "I played" or something of the like. I found this poem and thought it really suited our Lower K classroom. Ill put it at the bottom of the post. Play is such an important part of learning for children this age and sometimes we forget how much they can learn through play. I'm excited for a new week. As always if you need anything or have any questions feel free to email me. Also please make sure your child eats breakfast before they come to school. We have snack at 10:00 and lunch at 12:25. I hope you had a great weekend. See you tomorrow!
Krystina
No comments:
Post a Comment