Sunday, September 9, 2012

Another great week!

  Thank you so much to the parents that were able to come to our Open House. I enjoyed talking with each of you and hope that you enjoyed visiting. I will be updating with pictures soon, I have a few parents left to return the permission slips and then I'll post up what we've been doing through our first 11 days in Lower K.
  We will continue to focus this week on the letter A. With many of this years students experiencing school for the first time this year we will be doing a lot of basic skills the first few weeks of school. Working on fine motor skills will be a big goal for us in the beginning.  From there we can move into our curriculum.  There are many activities you can do at home to help work on these skills.  A simple one is coloring.  We try to color and use crayons and markers in the classroom to help the students get acquainted with proper gripping and in a relaxed environment.  From there they can work on letter formation.
     I am compiling a list of websites and apps that are educational to help use at home to reinforce our curriculum for the year.  I hope to have it posted on Friday.  If your child is one who likes television and you want educational videos I recommend the Preschool Prep series and the Leap Frog series.  I will rarely show videos and if I do it's on Fridays and always educational.  I am excited to get to show you what we've been doing intake classroom.  I hope to have all permission slips turned in this week so that I can post our pictures.
   Please remember we start at 8:30.  I start my instruction right at 8:45 with calendar time and continue into Language Arts and Math.  My instruction ends at 10:00, when we have snack and then Arabic begins.  As always feel free to email me if you have any questions. Looking forward to another exciting week!

No comments:

Post a Comment