We have had so many new changes to our classroom and the schedule the past few weeks. I apologize for not updating sooner. We now have another new student in our classroom, so we are up to 13 students! I now teach Lower K in the morning until 10:55 and then I teach Kindergarten and First Grade. We are still adjusting to the changes so I thank you for your patience during this transition.
Thank you so much to all the parents who were able to come to the Parent/Teacher Conferences on Monday. It was nice to get to speak with you about your child and how well they're doing in the class. Here is the schedule for the time that I am with your child in the morning.
8:30-9:00 Center Activities (During this time we'll do math and language art games)
9:00-9:10 Snack
9:10-9:30 Calendar Time
9:30-9:50 Math
9:50-10:10 Brain Break (Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, and other movement activities)
10:10-10:55 Language Arts
Remember this is just a loose schedule. In Lower K you have to be flexible and you never know what will come up during the day.
Here is a link to the song that we sing every day.
https://teacher.ocps.net/janet.cahill/media/10learninglettersounds.mp3
This song helps us learn the letter sounds. You can do it at home if you like. We also have a song for the letter of the week which I put on our newsletter. We do a lot of singing and moving to learn our letters and other key concepts in the classroom. Will be updating soon with pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment